Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011: On the Line Up at Pickled Press

Well hello there!


As you can tell, Pickled has a slightly new do for the new year.  You'll notice a few more changes to the site in the coming months as I begin to get my business rolling and offer services here on the east side and the Seattle area.  It's going to be fun and I couldn't be more excited to hit the ground running.


In the meantime, here is a heads up on a few fabulous topics I have lined up for you on the Pickled Press (in no particular order --- just to keep the anticipation alive):
  • food as medicine
  • ginger and its therapeutic uses
  • garlic, garlic, garlic!
  • vegetables from the sea
  • fermented/cultured foods
  • gut health
  • guest post from Hairy Babies: food mishaps
  • tips on reading ingredient labels
  • warming foods for the winter
  • ayurvedic foods/medicine 101
  • butter and ghee
  • busting the fat myth
  • choosing quality oils
  • how to make your own condiments like mayo, ketchup and BBQ sauce
  • tips on mindful eating
  • grounding yourself
...and recipes of course!


If there is a topic you are so ecstatic about that you can't wait for, do leave a comment letting me know and I may post in order of interest.  Or, suggest a topic if you'd like.


I've also put up a couple surveys. Would you humor me? 


I've come so close to killing time in the airports by just walking around with a clipboard asking random people these undying questions that make my whole foods brain light up with curiosity and my eyes twinkle.  Which I still may do.  In the meantime, I'm interested in the thoughts of the beloved audience here at Pickled, so if you have an extra minute, check out the surveys on the left panel. 


Thanks again for dropping by and feel free to spread the word to others you think may be interested.


Here's to a healthy and happy new year!

5 comments:

  1. fermented/cultured food. i would like to know how to get my husband to eat it, and not gag at the topic. that may just come with time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
    Jess, I'll definitely post some good information about fermented/cultured foods within the next month including: how to incorporate them into your meals, health benefits, different ones to try for beginner palettes, etc. The word "fermented" tends to freak people out, but we'll see what we can do : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your poles! and i like your posts. i'm very excited for the line up for 2011 :)

    maybe you could do a post about yoga? or would that fall under grounding yourself? or exercise in general would be good... or maybe the benefits of sweating :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bethany! There is an upcoming post on grounding and conscious breathing - next up!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!

Click the comments link below the post to share your thoughts.