Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NOURISH - what does it mean?

In honor of celebrating the harvest and sweet community around the table tomorrow, I have no turkey day recipes for you (so sorry, I'm a student - what can I say?); however, I do have a 3-minute long video for you that I could not resist sharing.

It's an excellent message around whole foods and the whole person with commentary on what "nourish" means --- by several leading and well-respected voices in the food revolution: Jamie Oliver, Alice Waters, Michael Pollan, etc.

If you can't get enough and want to learn more, check out this site: http://www.nourishlife.org/ to get the scoop on the story behind your food. "Nourish Life" is a major media and educational initiative underway that is focused on food and community; it's dedicated to creating a sustainable food future. And for that, I love them.

If you don't have time to check it out now maybe bookmark it for another time? It's worth it. You'll find it in my links section as well.

I hope your Thanksgiving is relaxing and filled with delicious, fresh, in-season whole foods.

Remember to give thanks AND let your first bite be a breath.


1 comment:

  1. The concept of nourishment has been bouncing around in my head for weeks, and I've been trying to put together a blog post about it. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's on your mind!

Click the comments link below the post to share your thoughts.